We are currently in ‘Beta Mode’ and the main purpose at present is to build the network of SAP Experts globally, before we then start inviting SAP Employers to post their jobs at ITHerds.com for FREE. It’s a bit of a chicken & egg dilemma, to be fair… SAP jobseekers may prefer only to sign up to a site with hundreds of jobs already, and equally SAP Employers may prefer only to post jobs to a site with plenty of traffic. We are relying on word of mouth and the goodwill of the Global SAP Network we have built, to grow site members and then accelerate involvement of SAP Employers. If everyone who creates an SAP Profile on the site, persuades only 5 people from their SAP Network to sign up, and each of those 5 persuade 5 professionals to sign up and so on, we will be where we need to be in no time at all. Your help in this regard is appreciated, and will ultimately benefit us all. We look forward to seeing plenty of SAP Job posts FREE on the site, in the not too distant future! Happy 2021…
Why not? We wanted to select a site name that reflected groups, hence “IT Herds”. The coloured bull images used as each profile picture, represent each group of SAP Role categorised on the ITHerds.com site. These are automatically generated based on the SAP Role selected during site registration. Up to 3 x other SAP Roles can be selected when you complete your profile, so (for example), you can register as an SAP Architect, but also select SAP Delivery Lead, SAP Project Manager, and SAP Techno-Functional as additional roles to display on your profile, however, your ‘ITHerds’ assigned profile image, will match your core SAP Role that you initially selected.
To set up your profile at ITHerds.com, you must go through 2 x simple steps. The first is to register for the site (create a username, save a password etc, and choose the SAP role you are registering as your ‘main’ SAP Role, or select “Employer – Free” if you are an employer). You are now 1/2 way done. The second step, is to edit and complete your profile! Once you have registered (step 1) the site menu will now say “Hello, (Your name)” as the 2nd menu option from the left. In the drop down menu beneath here, you can choose to edit your profile (SAP, or Employer) and here you must complete all the information, including your address (search or find yourself on the map) and then save the changes. If you only register, but never create your site profile – no-one will ever FIND you on the site (which would be very sad!). So, grab a cup of coffee, and take the 5 minutes it takes to complete your profile. You can choose up to 3 x SAP ‘Role Types’ for your profile, as well as selecting up to 20 SAP Skills to highlight. Uploading your CV or Resume is optional, but encouraged. Remember also, you can record up to 1 x minute of audio about YOU, what you’re great at, and what you’re looking for at the bottom of your profile (see the little microphone / comments section). Questions? Email info@ITHerds.com OR Charlotte@HigherFrog.com.
100% SAP Focused ITHerds is and will remain exclusively SAP focused. There are hundreds of thousands, of not millions of SAP experts globally. ITHerds.com provides a safe, anonymous space for them to job hunt, promote themselves, apply for jobs, or just connect.
Employers Post Jobs for Free! (For Now!). Registered Employers can post an unlimited number of SAP Jobs for free, to the ITHerds.com site. All job posts go through admin review (so you can only save them as drafts, for now) before appearing live on the site. Any concerns? Email us to info@ITHerds.com to nudge us to get your job post activated.
Not Jobhunting? Sign into ITHerds.com, and click on ‘My Account’ in the dropdown menu, then select the option to mark your profile as only visible to you. This should hide your profile for all site visitors, whether they are jobseekers, or employers. When you are ready to job hunt again, you can simply log in, and return your account to normal, so that you are once again searchable.
Ask your contacts! At the bottom of your profile is a section to leave voice, or written comments. This is the perfect spot for your trusted network to endorse you. ITHerds recommends recorded audio references (You can record up to 1 x minute of audio). However, to be able to record audio they must be signed in, so will need to create a profile, but once set up, if they are not job hunting they can go to ‘My Account’ in the menu, and mark their profile as only visible to them (preventing it coming up in searches).
Searching for #SAP #Expert #Jobseeekers near you? Find them on the map! (To appear on the map you must complete your profile including your location and then save your changes). You will know if you have set this up correctly, by logging out of ITHerds.com – then going to the relevant site page and searching for your profile on the map!
FREE Profiles! No fees for #SAP #Jobseekers to create, edit, post or promote themselves at ITHerds.com EVER. Employers profiles are also 100% FREE (for now), as is job posting! Employers can post their jobs for FREE too, and an unlimited number! However, ITHerds.com reserves the right to remove any Job Posts, at our discretion, for whatever reason we deem necessary or fair.
ITHerds has been driven by the desire to simplify the process for SAP experts seeking employment, whilst eliminating some common factors that can cause frustration when job hunting. As a member of our site, you will experience the following:
- Quick & easy site registration (contracting, or perm hires)
- Provide anonymity, so that you can job hunt while employed if you wish, without fear that colleagues or management will know
- Only employers who pay to use the site can contact you, which will eliminate anyone who isn’t serious about your skills, the aim here is to prevent time-wasters from contacting you about intangible or poorly defined roles
- No candidate personal photographs on any profile – We aim to eliminate bias as much as possible, levelling the playing field for everyone on the site.
- Profile images are assigned based on the ‘SAP Role Type’ you selected when you registered. For example, everyone who chose “SAP Architect” when they registered, will have a bull with a dark blue background as their profile picture. The role you choose at registration should be one that aligns most closely with your core expertise, and one for which you are fully qualified. For example, you may have SAP Architectural skills, SAP Project Management and SAP Technical skills. However, when you register you should choose the main role you are seeking employment in. You can add up to 3 x ‘role types’ when you create your profile in addition to the one you chose when you registered.
- Let potential employers know what makes your skills stand out, exactly the type of work you are looking for, and what you enjoy about your work by recording up to 1 x minute of audio on your profile. If you have ever experienced the excitement of receiving a phone call or email about an SAP position, only to discover that the recruiter simply did a poor keyword search, and thought “2 + 2 = 5” because they didn’t pay attention to your CV properly, then this will help to prevent this. You can re-record your audio as many times as you wish until you are happy with it, and can change it anytime.
- Audio References! Ask ex-colleagues, and those who trust you from your professional network to leave their own 1 x minute references for you on your profile, providing verbal endorsements of your aptitude, skills and focus. They will have to register as a jobseeker or employer to do so, however, they can of course mark their profile as private until or unless they too are job hunting in future!
- Make your profile private when you want to, preventing it from appearing in searches until you are ready to job hunt
Employers can access ITHerds for FREE. , Everyone visiting the site can search jobseekers by viewing all registered jobseekers, or by viewing registered jobseekers by SAP Role type. The map search enables you to zoom in or out and view summary jobseeker information, or to click on the jobseekers profile icon to view more details in their profile.
When you find a jobseeker who matches the expertise you’re seeking, you can message them directly through the site, or pull up the contact information they have saved in their profile, to email or call them.
The 4 x levels of Employer membership, are for daily, weekly, monthly or annual site access. Daily or weekly access gives you the ability to view any jobseekers information, including phone numbers, email addresses and CVs.
For unlimited job posts, you must sign up for Monthly or Annual employer membership. You can then post as many 30 day job postings as you wish.
Recording a reference for an ex-colleague, or someone from your professional network that you trust and respect is easy, can be done directly on the site, and allows up to 60 seconds of audio to be recorded. There is a great deal you can say in just 60 seconds – and if you don’t like what you have recorded, simply re-record! Your recording will help future employers understand a jobseekers key strengths, what they offer to potential employers and how they work in groups.
While reading a detailed job description is great, typically a good employer, recruiter or recruitment agency consultant can ‘pitch’ their job to a candidate in a few concise sentences. You know the core expertise and background that is required for the person to be successful in a role, so tell them! Here at IT Herds, we believe the quickest way from A to Z is a straight line, so get your vocals ready, and watch this quick video with tips on what to cover when you record your audio about the job you are hiring for.
We feel the ability for you to promote your skills verbally, before potential employers contact you, provides you with the opportunity to let future employers know exactly the type of SAP work you would like to focus on, which roles you can crush, and how they should best leverage your skills for full-time employment, or contracting roles. Check our out video with tips of things to mention when you record your audio clip.