Partner Engagement Lead (USA)
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Our clients’ Partner Engagement Lead Position represents a significant investment in their long-term growth. A key segment of our clients’s Revenue Growth Strategy (one of its 4 Revenue Pillars) is to leverage a broad spectrum of SAP HCM Partners to help further establish their SAP HCM market presence and directly drive continued revenue growth year on year.
The role has been established to lead the onboarding and engagements between Our clients’ and the SAP HCM Partners, to ultimately increase revenue growth via software solutions sales and consulting revenue; increased brand awareness and market share for both Our clients’ and their Partners in the SAP HCM ecosystem. The Partner Engagement Lead will be responsible for driving the North America program wide Cadence for all North America Partner engagements and Management.
The role will have a number of key responsibilities, summarised as follows and explained in further detail in this document.
- Partner and our clients’ Business Goals, Market and Revenue Growth Plans Understanding
- Partner Sales Cadence Engagement Management, Sales Reporting, Communications and Solution
- Product and Solution Knowledge Transfer
- Marketing and Lead Generation
- Business Goals, Market and Revenue Growth Plans Understanding
This responsibility is centered around building an enduring and trusted relationship with each HCM Partner to establish a level set understanding of their business goals, revenue plans and targets for the next 1 to 3 years.
In turn, reciprocate and outline to the Partner how the solutions can be well embedded in the Partner’s offerings to drive revenue for them and ultimately for our client.
The engagement and relationship approach by Partner may vary but it will be expected that there will be positive, ongoing engagement and discussions with each Partner and their key resources to allow the relationship to foster and establish over time. The engagement will involve face to face meetings, sales and marketing cadence meetings (face to face and/or via web conferences), solution knowledge transfer sessions, commercial discussions, strategic sales meetings and customer engagement and demo meetings.
Some of the items that should be covered in building the understanding of the Partner’s business objectives and then navigating the discussion to how our client can help contribute to such goals are outlined as follows:
- Background on the establishment of the Partner’s current business operations, the organisation and management structure, their business offerings, the size of their business in revenue, the number of customers, the breakdown of customer demographic, their target regions, their SAP HCM solution coverage, the number of new sales they target each financial year, how they price their offerings, their current solution portfolio (if they have there own solutions) etc.
- The Partner’s business focus areas in the next 3 years, such as where they plan to focus on to grow their customer and revenue base i.e. stay focussed on SAP HCM Payroll via ECP implementations, SuccessFactors speciality on particular modules such as Employee Central, Recruiting, Talent, become a Payroll Outsourcing Business etc?
- Outline the background of our clients’ business and solutions and how their solutions can be aligned in various aspects to the Partner’s offerings. In addition, it’s important to outline the commercial aspects of the Partnership and key conditions that will help make the Partnership effective and fruitful.
Key Deliverables and KPIs will include:
- Agenda of introduction meeting/s with Partner’s organisation
- Deliver Partner Introduction Presentations (Currently exists and can be modified for each Partner)
- Documented details on Partner’s business and revenue objectives
- Signed Partner VAR (Value Added Reseller) Agreement
- Access to marketing collateral
- Access to our clients’ training system
- Outline of Partner Pricing Structure
- 12 month Partner Engagement plan with timelines, responsible personnel, and deliverables covering:
- Sales Cadence Meetings, Product and Solution Knowledge Transfer Sessions, Planned
- Marketing Activities, initial opportunity registrations,
- A Calendar schedule on regular Partner Knowledge Transfer sessions
- A Calendar schedule on regular Partner Sales Cadence Meetings
- A Calendar schedule on regular product and Solution Knowledge Transfer Sessions Cadence Meetings
- Other as required.
- Partner Sales Cadence Engagement Management, Sales Reporting, Communications and Solution Engagement Strategies
The process of the Partner Sales cadence engagement is to create a level of governance and administrative discipline to enable the capture and management of the leads and opportunities that are relevant to the sale of the our clients’ Solution/s (and on occasion consulting services opportunities).
The visibility of all opportunities being worked or planned to be worked by the Partner needs to be transparent to Our clients’ and consequently full reporting of the Partner opportunities is mandatory as part of this role. It’s the single lens our client has available to analyse each Partner opportunity, its stage in the opportunity sales lifecycle and then appropriately price and forecast revenues. The use of SalesForce and Dashboard reporting is mandated.
The solution engagement strategy is based on developing a sequence of sales activity steps that are planned and designed to help the Partner navigate the sales of the right solutions relevant to the opportunity the Partner is targeting. A key part of this responsibility is to make and encourage the Partner understand the solution penetration options for one opportunity at a time; and over time, to allow the Partner to position the right solution, for the right opportunity at the right time.
Some of the items that should be planned and covered in Sales Cadence Engagement Management can include:
Weekly, fortnightly or monthly Sales Cadence Meetings where by all opportunities are captured via the opportunity registration form and consequently created as Partner Opportunities in SalesForce. Such meetings will need to include a pre agreed and repeated agenda items to discuss the active and planned opportunities, with actions by opportunity stage, marketing actions, knowledge transfer actions, pricing strategy actions, customer demo actions etc. The meeting actions should also clearly articulate who (either our client or the Partner) owns what actions and by when the action needs to completed to keep the deal active and alive. This level of discipline is required to run an effective Sales cadence process.
The Sales Cadence Reporting process is an integral part of the Partner Sales Cadence process and acts as the single source of truth mechanism to observe insights into each opportunity and create an
unbiased status and forecast on when all registered Partner opportunities will ultimately close.
Reporting will be required to be run on a weekly basis and needs to be communicated to the
Management team by our client, as well as the appropriate Partner Management team.
Building the initial pipeline view for Partner opportunities in SalesForce will involve a level of Partner engagement discussion that will expose Partner opportunities that could originate from a number of Partner front end activities such as: Opportunities from the existing customer base where by the Partner is currently supporting the customer with SAP HCM operational processes and maintenance, new bids the Partner is targeting or in flight and can include our clients’ solutions, leads from marketing campaigns that were in flight by the Partner, leads from past conferences, opportunities from recently commenced Partner projects etc.
The Solutions Engagement Strategies sessions can be run as part of the formal Partner Sale Cadence
Management Meeting or as part of a separate set of engagement meetings. These sessions will
involve asking a lot of deep and deliberated questions on the full spectrum of each Partner opportunity to fully establish the plan of attack for positioning the right Solution at the right time, at the right price for the right Partner opportunity.
The fundamental type questions will include but not limited to the following:
- Why do you believe the customer needs our clients’ Solution X, what are the key pain point use cases?
- How many employees does the customer have across one or multiple countries?
- Do they have SAP Payroll on premise, running on Employee Central Payroll or SAP outsources and by whom?
- Do they run non SAP Payroll?
- Are there any SuccessFactors Modules currently installed or planned to be installed, if so
which ones and when?
- What was the investment in implementing SuccessFactors Employee Central?
- Are there competitive products currently implemented in the customer’s environment?
- Have you positioned Easy Reporter and Easy Clone for the new Employee Central Payroll and
Employee Central implementation?
- What budget do you believe the customer has?
- Who are the decision makers, names and emails?
- When are they looking at implementing the our clients’ X solution etc..
Our client has numerous questionnaire documents that can be leveraged to further supplement the above. Key Deliverables and KPIs in accordance to the 12 month Partner Engagement plan will include:
- Agenda for Sales Cadence Meetings
- Calendar Scheduled Partner Sales Cadence Meetings
- Documented Actions from Sales Cadence meetings
- Fully SalesForce registered Partner Accounts, Contacts and Opportunities with full customer
- Demographic details (ie. Customer account employee count, Customers implemented solutions (e.g. SAP Payroll inhouse on premise, SuccessFactors Employee Central etc.) registered by each separate solution Opportunity for the Customer
- Weekly Partner Opportunity report with weighted pipeline and Quarterly projections
- Reporting on which Partner based opportunities convert to our clients’ Solution Sales.
- Define relationship owner on both sides and escalation points with Partner.
- Product and Solution Knowledge Transfer
This responsibility involves leading and managing the full lifecycle and delivery of solutions and product knowledge transfer to each Partner. As the Partner Engagement Lead, you will be responsible for planning and monitoring all the product and solution knowledge is transferred to each of the key personnel within the Partner organisational structure. A Partner organisational structure has a broad spectrum of organisational hierarchy and disciplines. The knowledge should occur to all sales executives, solution architects and consultants at a minimum. In some cases the Partner’s founders will be involved in the high level knowledge transfer.
The key items that make up this responsibility include the following:
- Identify what products are relevant to the various Partner teams. e.g. Recruiting Letters of Offer solution offering (Via Strato) to the Partner SF Recruiting Team Lead (and consultants), e.g. Easy Reporter and Easy Balance to Partners in NA who focus purely on payroll etc.
- Lead and Manage the delivery of both pure Product (features and functions) and Use Case Solution Knowledge Transfer Sessions to the relevant Partner Teams. It is expected that the Solutions consultants will support the delivery of the training and knowledge session.
- Organise the supply of supporting material e.g. training material, sales presentations, one pagers marketing material, Q&A document etc. to Partner team members
- Organise the software delivery of the relevant Solutions to the Partner, to allow them to install the solutions in their environment and provide installation support
- Coordinate the access to the our clients’ Training system to Partner team members
- Coordinate demo system access to Partner team members who do not have access to their own demo system with our solutions Key Deliverables and KPIs in accordance to the 12 month Partner Engagement plan will include:
- Agenda for Product and Solution Knowledge Transfer Meetings
- Calendar scheduled Product and Solution Knowledge Session Meetings
- Delivery of all Partner Knowledge/Transfer Sessions
- Partner Specific Asset inventory list consisting of presentations, marketing material
- Delivery and Installation of our clients’ Software
- Partner Training/Knowledge Transfer Certification
- Marketing and Lead Generation
The Marketing and Lead Generation responsibility represents a unique opportunity to leverage the Partner’s in-house marketing processes and integrate them with our clients’s marketing processes to ultimately drive branding awareness and marketing campaigns to create leads that transfer to opportunities and ultimately sales.
This involves understanding the Partner’s typical marketing processes, methods and technologies it uses to drive its brand awareness in the HCM ecosystem.
The marketing engagement between the Partner and our clients needs to be very transparent and unique to each individual Partner. To establish the right marketing process for the Partnership to work will involve a number of steps, such as the following:
- Understanding the Marketing processes and steps the Partner plans and executes for their own offerings to establish a baselines understanding
- Walkthrough the marketing processes with our partner, and identify where the marketing steps can align between the Partner and our client. In this step we must explain the process of how we execute marketing, e.g. Via Conferences, Customer Days, Webinars, Direct Electronic Mail, ASUG,
- LinkedIn Updates, Videos, Whitepapers, etc., showcase all the available marketing collateral, overview of the our clients’ WebPage etc.
- Set up strategies for co-branding of websites, co-branding of marketing collateral, blog shares etc.
- Partner Customer days where our clients is on the Agenda to present to all the Partner’s customers
- Plan the type of campaigns that can immediately trigger the relevant leads for the Partner. e.g. If a Partner specialises in Employee Central Payroll and Employee Central Implementations only (hence pure cloud based implementation for Payroll and basic HR processes via EC) then the type of marketing and campaigns that are required will be more focussed on Easy Reporter Reporting from integrated information from ECP and EC, Strato Document Generation of Compensation letters and HR standard documents etc.
Key Deliverables and KPIs in accordance to the 12 month Partner Engagement plan will include:
- The Partner marketing plan (project plan for each Partner) must integrate to the key milestones of the overall marketing plan.
- Agenda for Knowledge Transfer of Marketing Meetings
- Calendar scheduled Marketing Meetings
- Delivery of all Partner/Our clients’ Knowledge Transfer Sessions
- An inventory list of all Marketing Assets, Campaigns and Processes relevant by Partner
- Defined Marketing Actions for
- Marketing Campaigns and schedules for each.
- Web Page set up for Landing Page and Co Branding
- Marketing Collateral
- Partner Customer Days
- Web Add Words
- Partner Specific Asset inventory list consisting of presentations, marketing material,
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
University or College Degree
- Experienced in working in the SAP/SuccessFactors Ecosystem, min 3 implementation in SAP HCM. Min 5 years Experience in SAP HCM.
- Experience in working in or with SAP HCM Partner Businesses
- Familiarity with Our clients’ products and Solution use cases
- Strong Project Management Experience, expertise in Payroll, HR , SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Experience working in a Sales Driven organisation where key KPIs are directly Sales Related